Live Help NOW 317-569-9644
Indianapolis Workplace Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured on the job in Indianapolis, you may be facing many new challenges. Injured workers often have trouble figuring out what they should do next, how they can best recover from their injuries, and how they and their families can stay afloat financially during their recovery.
Workers Compensation benefits are a big help for people injured on the job. They will pay your medical bills and make up for a substantial part of your lost income. First, though, you have to get your Indiana Workers Compensation claim approved, and this is where many injured workers have problems.
The Indianapolis workplace accident lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin are leaders in protecting and fighting for workers’ rights in Indiana. We have years of experience helping injured workers in Indiana get the compensation they deserve, with more than 31,000 Workers Compensation claims filed on our clients’ behalf. We want to put our successful experience to work helping you get your claim accepted.
We can help you file a claim or, if you have already filed a claim and it has been denied, we can represent you throughout the dispute process until you get the result you deserve. We fight hard for our clients to help ensure insurance companies and employers provide you with all the benefits the law requires.
Many People Are Injured on the Job in Indianapolis
A recent report from the Indiana Department of Labor shows that there were 31 non-fatal work-related accidents or illnesses per 1,000 full-time workers during the year 2020. These were accidents or illnesses serious enough to require medical attention. Unfortunately, many others lost their lives because of workplace accidents and other hazards.
In a city with a workforce as big as that in Indianapolis, that means a lot of workers are being injured on the job every year. More than 1,023,000 people were working in the Indianapolis area as of April 2021, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a work-related accident in Indianapolis, you are not alone. At Klezmer Maudlin, our workplace accident lawyers have handled more than 31,000 Indiana Workers Compensation claims. Our experience handling these claims has given us the knowledge and skill we use to help our clients get all the benefits they deserve.
Contact us for a free consultation to find out more about how we can help you obtain the Workers Compensation benefits you deserve.
How to Choose the Best Indianapolis Workplace Injury Lawyers to Help with Your Workers Compensation Claim or Appeal
When searching for the best Indianapolis workplace lawyers for your needs, you don’t need to spend time price-shopping. The Indiana Code establishes the fees that attorneys can charge for representing clients before the Indiana Workers Compensation Board. You also do not have to pay any legal fees unless you win your case, and the amount you owe if you win will be the same percentage of your recovery amount no matter which Indianapolis lawyer you choose.
Since you don’t have to consider price, what you should look for when choosing an attorney is experience and knowledge. The Indianapolis workplace accident lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin are recognized across the state of Indiana for both our successful experience in and exceptional knowledge of workers compensation law.
Our firm has been fighting for the rights of workers for a quarter of a century, and our lawyers have a combined 100 years of experience. Our knowledge of Indiana Workers Compensation law is evident in our Thomson Reuter’s book, Workers Compensation Law and Practice, the authoritative guide that lawyers throughout the state use for reference and advice on how to handle Indiana Workers Compensation cases.
While we are honored to be leaders in the field of Indiana Workers Compensation law, we are also down-to-earth and enjoy providing personalized attention to every one of our clients. We are dedicated to helping workers protect their rights and get the help they need.
Common Types of Workplace Accidents in Indianapolis
In the 31,000 Indiana Workers’ Compensation claims we’ve handled, we have had the opportunity to help workers injured in many different types of accidents and in a wide range of workplace settings. However, some types of accidents are more common than others. We often help clients who have been hurt in these types of workplace accidents:
- Construction site accidents. Workers who get hurt on construction sites are often severely injured. Construction sites have the highest rate of serious and fatal injuries.
- Warehouse accidents. Warehouse workers can be injured in forklift accidents, can be struck by heavy falling objects, can trip over objects on the floor or slip on slick surfaces, and can suffer from serious muscle strain.
- Service industry accidents and injuries. Workers in hospitals, restaurants, and hotels are especially vulnerable to repetitive stress injuries, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Back, shoulder, and neck injuries are also common.
- Heavy machinery accidents. Workers in any industry who use or are near heavy machinery can suffer devastating accident injuries.
- Car and truck accidents. Workers who drive or ride in vehicles as part of their jobs are eligible for Workers’ Compensation for on-the-job car or truck accidents. In some cases, they may also be able to sue negligent third parties for additional compensation.
At Klezmer Maudlin, we work with people who were injured in all types of workplace accidents. If you were hurt on the job, no matter how the accident happened, contact our Indianapolis workplace accident lawyers for help with your Workers Compensation claim.
What to Do If You Are Injured in an Indianapolis Workplace Accident
Most employees in Indianapolis are eligible to receive Workers Compensation benefits if they are injured on the job, starting from the very first day they are working. It is important to remember this and report all accidents to your supervisor or boss as soon as possible, preferably immediately. Taking the following steps is important for your recovery and for ensuring you have the best possible chance of getting the Indiana Workers Compensation benefits you deserve:
- Get immediate medical attention, tell the doctor you were hurt on the job and follow all of the doctor’s instructions.
- Do not delay in notifying your boss of an work-related injury. Unfortunately, if you wait more than 30 days to report the accident to your employer, you may lose your right to receive Workers’ Compensation benefits.
- Send a written letter to your company’s Human Resources department reporting the accident and your injury and retain a copy of the letter.
- Keep a copy of any correspondence you have about Workers Compensation with your employer or your employer’s insurance company.
- Ask your employer for a copy of the accident report filed with the Indiana Workers Compensation Board.
- Contact an experienced Indiana Workers Compensation attorney filing, disputing or appealing your claim.
Get Help With Your Indianapolis Workers Compensation Claim
If you have been injured in a workplace accident, you need to focus your time and energy on getting better. If you are running into problems getting the Workers Compensation benefits you deserve, don’t waste your precious time trying to argue with the insurance company or your employer. The Indianapolis workplace accident lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin would be glad to take on that fight for you.
We are recognized statewide for our in-depth experience in and knowledge of Indiana Workers Compensation law. We have handled more than 31,000 Indiana Workers Compensation claims and have written the book on Workers Compensation law that other lawyers throughout the state rely on. Let us put our experience and knowledge to work fighting for your rights and getting you the benefits you deserve.
For the support and expertise you need to get the payments for medical expenses and lost income you deserve, call us today at 317-569-9644 or fill in the contact form on our website for a free consultation and case review. We will get back to you quickly and will be glad to answer any questions you have about your legal options and what you should do next.