Live Help NOW 317-569-9644
Indianapolis Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis
Did a truck accident in Indianapolis injure you? These collisions often leave victims with painful injuries, mounting medical and repair bills, and diminished income. However, if someone else caused the accident, you can demand they compensate you for your personal and financial losses with the help of an experienced attorney.
At Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., we work tirelessly on behalf of injured workers throughout the Hoosier state. We can identify all possible sources of compensation for the injuries you suffered and then negotiate aggressively to maximize your compensation from the at-fault party. We won’t hesitate to go to court if it becomes the best way to get you the money and justice you deserve. Keep reading to learn more about our firm, and contact us today for a free consultation with an Indianapolis truck accident lawyer.
Why Choose Klezmer Maudlin, P.C.?
The dedicated injury lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. have served injured workers in Indianapolis and throughout Indiana for over 25 years. During that time, we have established a strong track record of successful case results, securing millions of dollars in workers’ compensation benefits and personal injury claim settlements for our deserving clients, including those hurt in truck accidents.
Law firms, employers, and insurance companies statewide know Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. for our considerable legal proficiency and the decades of experience we bring to every case we handle. Our attorneys authored the Thomson Reuters Workers Compensation Law and Practice manual, which lawyers and law firms throughout Indiana use as a professional guide.
We are ready to place our substantial resources and experience at your disposal as you seek compensation for your truck accident-related injuries.
Our attorneys can help you by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the truck accident to determine who might be liable for the crash and your subsequent injuries
- Gathering supporting evidence like photos of the collision, police accident reports, medical records, the truck’s “black box,” and reliable witness statements
- Preparing a compelling case that demonstrates the extent of your injuries and the losses you will incur as a result, both now and in the future
- Negotiating with the truck insurance company on your behalf and taking your case to trial to demand compensation in court, if necessary
- Providing personalized, attentive service and handling the time-consuming and challenging aspects of your truck accident claim while you focus on your health
In addition, if you work as a truck driver and sustained injuries in an on-the-job accident, we could help you file a workers’ compensation claim.
Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. has multiple offices in convenient locations around Indianapolis, including Anderson, Columbus, Crawfordsville, Greenfield, Lebanon, and Marion. Our attorneys are happy to meet with you in person or speak with you virtually or over the phone whenever you need us. Don’t put off contacting us for your free case review.
Truck Accidents in Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana and a major transportation hub in the Midwest, so there is no shortage of big commercial trucks on our roads and highways.
Here are some striking statistics that reveal just how frequent and severe truck accidents are in the Hoosier state:
- According to the Indiana Department of Transportation, large trucks accounted for 3.6 percent of all vehicles speeding before a collision.
- Truck accidents not involving excess speed injured vehicle occupants at a rate of 41.5 for every 1,000 people.
- Truck accidents that involved excessive speed injured vehicle occupants at a rate of 192.4 for every 1,000 people. In other words, vehicle occupants were five times more likely to sustain injuries in accidents with speeding truck drivers versus truck drivers following the speed limit.
- According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration(FMCSA), there were 1,265 fatal truck accidents in Indiana over a recent ten-year period, for an average of 126 fatal Indiana truck wrecks per year.
- Additional FMCSA data reveals more than 19 fatal truck accidents for every one million residents of Indiana, the 18th highest rate in the U.S.
Per another recent FMCSA report, Indiana was among the top ten states with the highest average of fatal large truck and bus crashes in a recent three-year period. Indiana and the other nine states accounted for more than half of all fatal truck and bus crashes and more than half of all truck and bus crash fatalities nationwide.
- Nationwide, in one recent year, 37,133 Americans lost their lives in 34,247 fatal motor vehicle crashes on U.S. roads. A total of 4,455 truck accidents contributed to 5,005 (13.5 percent) of these fatalities throughout the U.S.
- The number of fatal truck accidents and truck accident-related deaths increased by eight percent that year compared to the previous year.
- Large commercial trucks and buses collectively account for 13 percent of all traffic fatalities in the United States.
- Speed was a contributing factor in 19 percent of U.S. truck accidents that resulted in at least one fatality.
- Thirty percent of fatal work zone crashes in the U.S. involve large trucks.
- Driver distraction was a factor in 6 percent of fatal U.S. truck accidents, and 16 percent of those cases involved cell phone-related distraction.
Causes and Consequences of Truck Accidents in Indianapolis
While truck accidents occur for many of the same reasons car accidents do, there are numerous contributing factors unique to these wrecks.
Common causes of truck accidents in Indianapolis include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Following too closely for conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Improper turning or merging
- Truck driver inexperience
- Cargo shifts or spills
- Rollovers or jackknifing
- Underride or override collisions
- Defective truck parts
- Poorly-maintained truck parts
- Poor road conditions
The massive size and weight of a fully loaded commercial truck can contribute to severe injuries like:
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial injuries and scarring
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Partial or total paralysis
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture injuries
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How Much Is My Truck Accident Injury Claim Worth?
Every truck accident is different, and so is every truck accident injury claim.
Any of these factors could affect your case value:
- The extent and severity of your injuries
- How long it takes your injuries to heal
- Whether your injuries are long-term or permanent
- The cost of any medical treatment you need
- Whether you will need medical care in the future
- Whether you miss time at work due to your injuries
- How your injuries impact your earning capacity
- Which party or parties are liable for your injuries
- Whether you were somehow at fault for the accident
- The insurance policies that apply to your situation
The Indianapolis truck accident attorneys of Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. can prepare and file a strong injury claim to recover compensation for your crash-related losses, such as:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses from the treatment of your injuries
- Incidental expenses, such as the costs of traveling to medical appointments
- The value of lost income from any time you miss at work during your recovery
- Projected losses in your future earning potential, if you suffer permanent injuries
- Subjective losses like injury-related pain, suffering, and reduced quality of life
Our knowledgeable lawyers can help you pursue the compensation you deserve by identifying all liable parties and relevant insurance policies. We will then work tirelessly to maximize your settlement value.
Demanding Compensation in a Truck Accident Insurance Claim
Every insurance company exists to make a profit, and the simplest way to stay profitable is by minimizing and denying compensation claims. Many claimants feel frustrated and bewildered when providers use ambiguous policy language or confusing exclusions to reject valid claims. And most people lack the experience and know-how to push back against these underhanded tactics.
This is where the help of an experienced injury lawyer comes in handy. The Indianapolis truck accident attorneys at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. are all too familiar with insurance companies’ strategies to deflect responsibility and deny claims. We can handle all aspects of your injury claim and hold the truck company and its insurer accountable while you focus on healing.
What to Do After a Truck Accident in Indianapolis, IN
If a truck accident injures you, you must act quickly to protect your well-being and legal rights.
You can get a jump start on your truck accident injury claim by:
- Seeking medical care as soon as possible to make sure a doctor diagnoses your injuries, treats them, and adds them to your medical records
- Following your doctor’s care plan to help your body heal and demonstrate to interested parties that you are taking your health seriously
- Gathering any evidence from the accident you can, including photos, video footage, crash reports, truck driver insurance information, and statements from reliable witnesses
- Keeping all medical bills, financial records, proof of income statements, and other documentation of your truck accident injuries and related losses
- Starting a “pain journal” to record observations about the pain levels and physical limitations you experience in your daily life due to the truck accident
- Watching what you post online or say to any third parties about the truck accident before you have the opportunity to discuss your case with an attorney
- Getting in touch with an experienced Indianapolis truck accident attorney as soon as possible
Indianapolis Truck Accident FAQs
Here, our attorneys provide no-nonsense answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about truck accident injury cases in Indianapolis:
Why do I need to call Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., immediately after an Indianapolis truck accident?
The trucking company’s lawyers will start representing the trucker and their employer from the moment the crash takes place. Not hiring us as soon as possible places you at an enormous disadvantage when it comes to securing enough compensation to pay for your injuries.
The first thing a trucker will do after an accident is call their employer, and their first call will go to their lawyer, who will send a team of investigators to the scene. They’ll grab the truck’s data recorder (the so-called black box) and the trucker’s hours of service log and phone.
You will need the information on those devices to prove your case. The trucking company and its legal team need to keep it indefinitely and will destroy it as soon as they legally can.
You will need our lawyers to act fast to prevent the destruction of that evidence and obtain copies for your case.
What happens if I am partially at fault for my injuries?
Indiana Code protects your right to pursue compensation even if you are partially at fault for the underlying truck accident.
How long do I have to file a truck accident lawsuit in Indianapolis?
Indiana Code gives you only two years from the date of a truck accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait too long to sue, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case, so work with an experienced attorney to keep everything on track from day one.
The Indianapolis personal injury lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. can determine how Indiana laws could impact your claim and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve. If you sustained injuries in a truck accident that someone else caused, let us put our skills to work on your behalf.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in Indianapolis Today
Need to speak with a lawyer about your Indianapolis truck accident injury claim? Then contact us at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. today at (317) 569-9644. We can review your case and answer your questions when you contact us for a free consultation session with a truck accident lawyer in Indianapolis.
Klezmer Maudlin Indianapolis Office Location
8520 Center Run Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Request a FREE Consultation
We respect your privacy. All of the information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. After you submit the contact form below, we will follow up with you – usually within 24 hours and sometimes much sooner than that. We are prepared to answer all of your questions and provide you with advice about your legal options during a free consultation and claim review.