Live Help NOW 317-569-9644
Indianapolis Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis
Because motorcycles offer little protection in the event of a collision, accidents involving them often result in severe injuries. Victims often struggle to pay their medical and repair bills or simply put food on their tables. But if a motorcycle accident in Indianapolis injured you and someone else is to blame, they could owe you compensation for these and the other losses they caused you to suffer.
At Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., our Indianapolis motorcycle accident attorneys want to help you pursue this compensation. We know the many tricks and strategies insurance companies use to minimize and deny valid claims, particularly those involving motorcycles.
Our team is ready to stand up for what’s yours, push back against these tactics, and demand accountability on your behalf. Read on to learn more about our firm and what we can do for you, and don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation with an Indianapolis motorcycle accident lawyer.
Why Choose Klezmer Maudlin, P.C.?
Attorneys throughout Indiana recognize Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. for our extensive legal knowledge and experience, particularly concerning on-the-job injuries. We literally wrote the book on workers’ compensation in Indiana. Attorneys and law firms throughout the state rely on our Thomson Reuters Workers Compensation Law and Practice manual to help injured workers in need of legal help.
In the 25 years since our firm’s founding, our Indiana injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in workers’ comp benefits and personal injury payouts for those we represent.
If you need support or guidance as you seek compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries, we can help you by:
- Conducting a thorough and independent investigation into the motorcycle accident to determine who might be liable for your injuries
- Gathering supporting evidence like photos, video footage, crash reports, medical records, and reliable witness statements from the motorcycle accident
- Preparing a strong injury claim on your behalf to demonstrate the full extent of your motorcycle accident-related injuries, medical needs, and financial losses
- Negotiating with employers, insurance companies, and other motorists on your behalf and taking your case to trial to demand compensation, if necessary
- Providing personalized, attentive service throughout the process and handling the time-consuming aspects of your claim while you focus on your recovery
Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., accepts motorcycle accident cases from multiple offices throughout Indiana, including several convenient locations in Indianapolis. We can meet with you in person to discuss your claim at our offices in Anderson, Columbus, Crawfordsville, Greenfield, Lebanon, and Marion. You can also contact us online to speak with an attorney over the phone or virtually in a free initial consultation.
Motorcycle Accidents in Indianapolis, Indiana
Thousands of Hoosiers enjoy riding a motorcycle to relax, commute to work, or appreciate Indiana’s natural beauty. But since Indianapolis is a large and densely populated city, motorcyclists here are often at risk for severe injuries when they ride on public roads.
Here are some concerning statistics that illustrate how common and severe motorcycle accidents are throughout Indiana:
- The overall number of Indiana motorcycle accidents increased from 2,582 to 2,785 from one recent year to the next, a 7.9 percent increase.
- The number of motorcycles involved in Indiana traffic accidents also increased 9 percent during that time, from 2,701 one year to 2,943 the following year.
- In one recent year, Indiana traffic accidents resulted in 1,969 motorcyclist injuries and 138 motorcyclist fatalities, rising by 23 percent and 8 percent, respectively.
- Indiana motorcyclist fatalities increased from 112 to 138 from one recent year to the next. During that same period, the rate of motorcyclists involved in crashes rose to 47 per 1,000 operators.
- Of those motorcyclists involved in collisions that year, 67 percent suffered injuries and 5 percent died. Motorcycle collisions accounted for 15 percent of traffic fatalities statewide.
- In that same recent year, motorcyclists wearing helmets accounted for 32 percent of all people involved in motorcycle accidents. Among all motorcyclists who died in Indiana traffic collisions that year, only 22 percent wore helmets.
- Marion County, home to Indianapolis, had one of the highest rates of motorcycle collisions. Motorcyclists account for 79 out of every 1,000 individuals involved in crashes.
- In one recent year, intoxicated motorcyclists accounted for 22 percent of motorcycle fatalities, compared to 25.9 percent of all Indiana drivers.
- That same year, Indiana motorcycle accidents peaked between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m., with most occurring around 5 p.m. The risk of fatal motorcycle accidents was highest in dark areas and curves.
- Indiana motorcycle accidents occur most frequently in the spring and summer, when riding a bike is most comfortable. Traffic collisions overall peak in late autumn and winter.
Motorcycle Accident Causes and Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can occur for various reasons, but the negligence of other motorists is a frequent contributing factor.
Common causes of motorcycle wrecks in Indianapolis include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driver fatigue
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Following too closely for conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Improper turning or merging
- Driver inexperience
- Defective vehicle components
- Poorly maintained car parts
- Poor road conditions
Motorcyclists are extremely vulnerable in traffic accidents and commonly sustain severe crash injuries, such as:
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Partial or total paralysis
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- “Road rash” and other burn injuries
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How Much Is My Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim Worth?
Every motorcycle accident is different, with different losses deserving compensation. That said, motorcycle crash victims often sustain life-changing injuries that require extensive medical treatment.
As a result, the value of your motorcycle accident injury claim may include compensation for:
- Hospital bills and other medical costs you incur due to your injuries
- Incidental expenses, such as the costs of traveling to medical appointments
- The value of lost income from any time you miss at work after the wreck
- The projected losses in your earning capacity, if your injuries are permanent
- Subjective losses, such as your pain, suffering, and diminished quality of life
When insurance adjusters and civil courts determine how much to award in your motorcycle accident claim, they will consider:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- How long it takes your wounds to heal
- Whether your injuries are long-term or permanent
- The costs of any medical care you need due to the crash
- Whether you will need any medical care in the future
- Whether you miss days at work due to your injuries
- How your injuries affect your lifetime earning capacity
- Who was at fault for the motorcycle accident
- Whether anyone involved broke Indiana traffic laws
- Which party or parties are liable for your injuries
- Whether you were somehow at fault for the accident
- Any insurance policies that apply to your situation
Demanding Compensation in a Motorcycle Accident Insurance Claim
Whether you suffer motorcycle accident injuries while traveling for personal or work-related reasons, you deserve fair compensation for any losses that are not your fault. But demanding the money you deserve after a motorcycle accident is easier said than done.
Auto insurance companies pad their profit margins by denying or minimizing claims whenever they can. Claimants without the free time or legal knowledge to dispute such denials struggle to get the money they deserve. Fortunately, you can work with a skilled attorney to protect your legal rights and demand what is yours.
At Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., our dependable motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to stand up to large insurance corporations on behalf of those we represent. When you retain our services, you get a lawyer who can handle all communications on your behalf and negotiate aggressively to maximize the value of your motorcycle accident settlement. That way, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands while you focus on recovering from the crash.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Indianapolis
A motorcycle accident is often shocking and overwhelming, and it’s common to feel uncertain about what to do next.
Fortunately, you can protect your right to recovery and establish a strong foundation for your motorcycle accident claim by:
- Seeking medical attention promptly so that a doctor diagnoses, treats, and documents your injuries
- Following your doctor’s care plan to promote your recovery and demonstrate to interested parties that you are serious about your health
- Gathering evidence, such as photos, video footage, police crash reports, driver insurance details, and eyewitness statements
- Keeping any medical bills, bank records, proof of income statements, and other documentation of your motorcycle crash injuries and related losses
- Creating a pain journal to record regular observations about the pain and personal limitations you have experienced since the motorcycle accident
- Watching what you share online or say to other parties about the motorcycle accident before you discuss the specifics of your case with an attorney
Indianapolis Motorcycle Accident FAQs
Have questions about your injury case? Below, you’ll find the answers to some of our firm’s most frequently asked questions about Indianapolis motorcycle accidents:
What happens if I am partially at fault for the motorcycle accident?
Indiana Code sets forth Indiana’s modified comparative fault law, which says you can still seek compensation for your injuries even when you are partially at fault. A knowledgeable attorney can defend your interests and demonstrate the other driver’s liability.
What if I failed to wear a helmet?
Indiana requires motorcycle drivers and their passengers to wear helmets with eye protection. If you chose not to wear a helmet, however, that does not excuse the negligence of another driver. Your not wearing a helmet is not a license for other drivers to crash into you. It does not change their duty of care to drive safely and responsibly.
Call Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., immediately after your Indianapolis motorcycle accident, even if you didn’t wear a helmet. Wc can still investigate your crash to see if you have a good case to recover compensation from the negligent party.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Indianapolis?
Indiana Code gives you two years after the motorcycle accident to file a lawsuit seeking compensation. If you attempt to sue after the statutory two-year deadline, the court will reject your case, ending your right to demand money for your losses in court.
The personal injury lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. can help you understand how Indiana laws apply to your motorcycle accident case, handle your injury claim efficiently, and demand maximum compensation for your losses.
“Attorney Maudlin was excellent. He was diligent and thorough and kept me updated. Shelly in the office was excellent at gathering all the documents and information she needed for my case. Great team effort. Thank you all for your long and hard work.”-Teresa Brown
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Indianapolis Today
Do not hesitate to get the legal help you need when pursuing the compensation you deserve. Contact the Indianapolis motorcycle accident lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin today at (317) 569-9644 to discuss your injury case in a free initial consultation session.
Klezmer Maudlin Indianapolis Office Location
8520 Center Run Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Request a FREE Consultation
We respect your privacy. All of the information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. After you submit the contact form below, we will follow up with you – usually within 24 hours and sometimes much sooner than that. We are prepared to answer all of your questions and provide you with advice about your legal options during a free consultation and claim review.