Live Help NOW 317-569-9644
Indianapolis Car Accident Attorneys
Car Accident Lawyers in Indianapolis
Did a car accident in Indianapolis injure you? Did someone else cause the accident? If so, you might have grounds to seek compensation for your losses in a car accident injury claim or lawsuit. The money you recover this way could pay for your medical and repair bills, offset your lost income, and compensate you for the pain and suffering you experienced.
The Indianapolis car accident lawyers at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. are ready to stand up for your rights and demand maximum compensation for your losses. We can review your situation during a free consultation, determine who owes you compensation and how much they owe you, and pursue every cent of that money. Keep reading to learn more about our firm, and contact us today to get started.
Why Choose Klezmer Maudlin, P.C.?
Klezmer Maudlin, P.C., has served injured Indianapolis drivers for more than 25 years. During that time, we have established deep ties to our communities and a reputation for intelligent and effective advocacy.
The attorneys at our firm literally wrote the book on workers’ compensation benefits in Indiana, and our Workers Compensation Law and Practice manual helps injured workers and their lawyers statewide.
Our attorneys are proud to have secured millions of dollars in workers’ comp benefits, personal injury settlements, and trial verdicts for injured Indianans like you. We consistently strive for the best possible outcomes for those we represent, and our proven track record of case results is the strongest indicator of our success.
When you get hurt in an Indianapolis car accident through no fault of your own, our dedicated injury lawyers can help you seek the outcome you deserve by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the car accident to determine how it happened and who might be liable for your injuries
- Gathering supporting evidence like photos and video footage of the crash, police accident reports, medical records, and statements from reliable witnesses
- Establishing a solid injury claim on your behalf to demonstrate the extent of your injuries and other losses you suffered as a result of the crash
- Negotiating with the other driver’s insurance company on your behalf and taking your case to trial to demand compensation in court, if necessary
- Providing personalized, compassionate service and handling every aspect of your claim while you recover from your injuries
Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. has multiple offices conveniently located throughout Indianapolis, including Anderson, Columbus, Crawfordsville, Greenfield, Lebanon, and Marion. You can meet with us in person at any of our area offices, over the phone, or virtually through the internet.
Car Accidents in Indianapolis, Indiana
As the capital of Indiana, Indianapolis is a bustling city with millions of residents, many of whom get around by car. All this traffic means that wrecks are all too common.
The following statistics from the Indiana Department of Transportation reveal how frequently these traffic collisions occur:
- In one recent year, there were 175,816 traffic accidents throughout Indiana. Each county had an average of 1,911 total crashes and nine fatal crashes.
- Marion County, home to Indianapolis, ranked the highest among all Indiana counties for its overall number of traffic collisions, with 28,701 that year.
- Indiana’s number of non-fatal crash injuries fell to a ten-year low of 38,913 that year, down 16 percent from the 46,337 injuries that occurred the previous year.
- Indiana’s traffic fatality rate that year was 13 deaths per 100,000 state residents, with 896 traffic fatalities statewide, up 10.9 percent from the previous year.
- Non-motorists, including pedestrians and cyclists, accounted for less than one percent of all individuals involved in traffic accidents that year. At the same time, pedestrians and cyclists accounted for 14 percent of statewide traffic fatalities.
- The percentages of pedestrians and cyclists who died in Indiana traffic accidents also increased that year, from 5 to 7 percent and 2 to 3 percent, respectively.
- Roughly 14 percent of Indiana traffic fatalities that year were from crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers, which resulted in 124 deaths statewide.
- Among all intoxicated drivers involved in traffic crashes that year, 34 percent were pickup truck drivers, and 25 percent were passenger car drivers. Twenty-six percent of drivers in fatal collisions statewide were legally impaired.
- In a recent ten-year period, the statewide rate of seat belt use for passenger vehicle occupants was 93 percent, roughly 2 percent lower than the national average.
- Survey data suggest that Indiana pickup truck drivers consistently have lower seat belt usage rates than car drivers.
- Crash rates are highest among Indiana drivers between the ages of 15 and 20, reportedly due to younger drivers’ inexperience and higher rates of aggression.
- The number of young drivers involved in Indiana traffic collisions decreased from one recent year to the next, but the number of young-driver fatalities increased during that same period.
Causes and Consequences of Car Accidents in Indianapolis
No two car accidents are the same, and most crashes result from numerous contributing factors.
Some common contributing factors in Indianapolis car accidents include:
- Texting and other driver distractions
- Driving under the influence
- Driver impairment, such as fatigue
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Following too closely for conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Improper turning or merging
- Driver inexperience and driving errors
- Defective or poorly-maintained car parts
- Poor conditions from inadequate maintenance
The extreme force of a traffic collision can lead to severe, life-changing injuries like:
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Partial or total paralysis
- Seatbelt and airbag injuries
- Abdominal and internal injuries
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture injuries
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How Much Is My Car Accident Injury Claim Worth?
The value of your car accident claim can vary significantly depending on various factors surrounding the accident, such as:
- The nature and severity of your car accident injuries
- How long your crash injuries take to heal fully
- Whether you sustain long-term or permanent injuries
- The type and cost of any medical treatment you need
- Whether you will need medical treatment in the future
- Whether you miss any days of work while you recover
- Whether you can return to the work you did before the accident
- How your crash injuries affect your future earning capacity
- Who was at fault for the car accident that caused your injuries
- Whether your behavior somehow contributed to the accident
- The types and amounts of auto insurance coverage available
- Whether you take your case to court to seek compensation
Regardless of the circumstances of the Indianapolis car accident that injured you, the team at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. can help you demand full and fair compensation for your injuries.
With a successful claim, you could receive money for:
- Any hospital bills or medical expenses you incur due to your crash injuries
- Incidental, out-of-pocket costs like travel expenses for medical appointments
- Reduced household income from any time you miss at work during recovery
- Projected losses in your future earning potential, if you suffer permanent injuries
- Subjective losses, such as your pain, suffering, and reduced quality of life
Demanding Compensation in a Car Accident Insurance Claim
When you file a car accident insurance claim, you’re going up against a big insurance company looking for any reason to avoid paying you. Insurance adjusters often use every trick in the book to deny responsibility and minimize payouts, from citing obscure policy language to cherry-picking the most convenient information. And unfortunately, many claimants are not equipped to recognize or counter these unfair tactics.
An experienced lawyer can help you fight back and demand the money the at-fault party owes you. From the moment you retain our services, you can count on Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. to handle every aspect of your claim, from communicating with the adjuster to negotiating forcefully during settlement talks. That way, you can focus on your recovery with the peace of mind of knowing your injury case is in capable hands.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Indianapolis, IN?
If you sustain injuries in a car accident in Indianapolis, you can protect your well-being and your legal rights by:
- Seeking medical attention as soon as possible to diagnose your injuries, treat them, and add them to your official medical records
- Following your doctor’s care plan to support the healing process and demonstrate to interested parties that you are taking your recovery seriously
- Gathering evidence for your claim, including photos and video footage of the crash, accident reports, driver insurance details, and witness statements
- Hanging on to medical bills, bank statements, proof of income, and other documentation of your car accident injuries and related financial losses
- Establishing a “pain journal” to record observations about the pain and physical limitations you have experienced in your daily life since the car accident
- Watching what you share online or say to others about the car accident before you have the chance to review your case with an attorney
Indianapolis Car Accident FAQs
Here are some straightforward answers to some of our most frequently asked car accident questions:
What happens if I am partially at fault for my injuries?
Under Indiana Code § 34-51-2-6, you can seek compensation for your injuries in a car accident claim even if you are partially at fault for the wreck. However, the law specifies that the percentage of fault you bear for the accident will reduce your compensation commensurately. Always work with a skilled attorney who can enforce your rights and prevent the other side from blaming you for the crash and reducing your settlement.
How long do I have to file a car accident injury lawsuit in Indianapolis?
If you wish to file a personal injury lawsuit in Indiana, state law gives you only two years from the accident. If you attempt to file after the two-year deadline, the court will dismiss your case and you will lose your right to demand compensation in court. The two-year time limit is also relevant in insurance claims since insurers base their settlement decisions on what they expect would happen in court.
Can I file a workers’ compensation claim if my car accident happened while I was on the clock?
If you sustain injuries in an Indiana car accident, you can only claim workers’ compensation benefits if you were on the job at the time of the collision—for example, if you worked for a restaurant and were out delivering food when the crash took place.
If you can file a workers’ compensation claim, you can recover benefits no matter who caused the accident. Workers’ compensation benefits can cover your crash-related medical bills, make up for a portion of your lost wages, and pay disability benefits if you sustain long-term injuries.
You can file a third-party car accident claim after any accident for which another party was at fault. You must provide evidence of the other party’s liability to recover compensation from a third-party claim, making it harder to win a third-party claim. However, you can obtain a broader range of compensation from this type of claim, including the full value of your lost wages and personal losses like your crash-related pain and suffering.
Contact a Car Accident Injury Lawyer in Indianapolis Today
Injured in a car accident in Indianapolis? Is someone else to blame? Then contact us at Klezmer Maudlin, P.C. today at (317) 569-9644 to speak with an experienced Indianapolis car accident lawyer about your case. Consultations are free, and we only charge a fee if we win. Reach out to a personal injury lawyer.
“Attorney Maudlin was excellent. He was diligent and thorough and kept me updated. Shelly in the office was excellent at gathering all the documents and information she needed for my case. Great team effort. Thank you all for your long and hard work.”-Teresa Brown
Klezmer Maudlin Indianapolis Office Location
8520 Center Run Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46250
Request a FREE Consultation
We respect your privacy. All of the information you provide will be kept strictly confidential. After you submit the contact form below, we will follow up with you – usually within 24 hours and sometimes much sooner than that. We are prepared to answer all of your questions and provide you with advice about your legal options during a free consultation and claim review.