If you are injured on the job in Crawfordsville, Indiana, Workers Compensation benefits can help you pay your bills until you are able to go back to work. Most employees in Crawfordsville are entitled to receive Workers Comp benefits after a workplace injury.
Sometimes, though, workers run into problems when applying for or receiving Workers Compensation benefits. Their applications may be denied, or they may receive benefits that are less than they are entitled to. Sometimes benefit payments are late, and sometimes insurance companies use various tactics to try to avoid paying for necessary, but expensive, medical treatments.
The Crawfordsville Workers Compensation Attorneys at Klezmer Maudlin can help if you have problems like these when applying for or receiving your Workers Compensation benefits. We have over 100 years of combined experience helping workers throughout Indiana obtain the Workers Compensation benefits they need and are committed to putting our experience and legal acumen to work helping injured workers in Crawfordsville. Please contact us as soon as possible for a free consultation and case review.
What Can I Do If My Crawfordsville Workers Compensation Claim Was Denied?
Unfortunately, many times workers file Workers Compensation claims and get turned down even though the workers are entitled to receive benefits. If your claim is denied in Crawfordsville or anywhere in Indiana, you should not give up!
You have the right to dispute the decision. The success rate for people who dispute or appeal a claim is high. It is a path worth pursuing if your claim has been denied, if you believe your benefits are lower than they should be, or if your legal rights are not being upheld in any other way.
If you are thinking of disputing a Workers Compensation denial, consult with an experienced Indiana Workers Compensation lawyer is in your best interest. An experienced attorney can advise you on how best to proceed and help you prepare your case. If you need to have a hearing before the Workers Compensation Board, then Indiana law (Indiana Code Section 22-3-8-1) requires that anyone who represents you at the hearing be a licensed Indiana attorney.
The Crawfordsville Workers Compensation attorneys at Klezmer Maudlin are recognized throughout Indiana for their outstanding knowledge and experience. Our attorneys wrote the book that other attorneys throughout the state rely on as a reference and practice guide on all aspects of Indiana Workers Compensation law. We would be honored to have the opportunity to put our knowledge and experience to work protecting your legal rights and fighting for the benefits you need and deserve. Please contact us for a free consultation and keep in mind, there is no fee for our services unless you win your case.
Common Workplace Injuries in Crawfordsville, Indiana
According to a report from the Indiana Department of Labor, 3.1 percent of full-time workers were hurt on the job in Indiana in 2020 and had non-fatal injuries or illnesses serious enough to require medical attention. Overall, workplaces may be safer now than they were a generation ago, but there are still many workers who get injured on the job and need Workers Compensation benefits to help pay their bills until they recover.
Some of the more common types of on-the-job accidents in Crawfordsville, Indiana, include:
- Warehouse injuries. Workers in warehouses have higher-than-average rates of on-the-job injuries, and these injuries are often serious. Pressure from employers to speed up work makes it even more likely that workers will get hurt. Workers can be seriously injured when using forklifts, heavy machinery, and conveyor belts. Repetitive stress injuries and muscle strains and sprains are also common. Workers can also be injured by falling objects, exposure to toxic substances, and fires.
- Construction site injuries. Construction sites are among the most dangerous workplaces. Workers can be seriously hurt or killed if they fall, are struck by trucks or other vehicles, are struck by heavy equipment, are caught in a cave-in, are electrocuted by power lines or defective equipment, or are exposed to toxic substances.
- Service injuries. Workers in service industry worksites, which include hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants, and hotels, may be injured in accidents. They are also especially at risk of getting repetitive stress injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome and injuries to the back and neck.
- Slip and fall accidents. Workers can slip or trip and fall in any kind of workplace, whether they are working inside or outside. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include slipping on icy walkways or on liquid spilled on floors, tripping over objects left in aisles or paths, and tripping on uneven or poorly lit stairs. Serious accidents may also be caused by falling from high places, such as from ladders, roofs, or higher floors.
- Forklift accidents. Accidents involving forklifts can injure drivers as well as other workers who may be standing or walking nearby. Forklifts are heavy and difficult to maneuver. They can cause serious injuries when they roll over, fall off loading docks, or crash.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Accidents involving cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles cause more workplace injuries in Indiana than any other type of accident. Drivers, passengers, and pedestrians may all be injured by motor vehicle accidents while they are on the job. Truck drivers, construction workers, road workers, first responders, delivery people in vehicles, on bicycles, or on foot, and many other types of workers may be seriously injured in traffic accidents.
The Crawfordsville Workers Compensation attorneys at our firm have handled more than 31,000 Indiana workers compensation claims. We have experience with all types of workplace accidents and are dedicated to helping workers obtain the workers compensation benefits that they need and deserve. If you have been injured on the job and you are having problems with your Workers Compensation claim, contact us today for a free consultation.
How Our Experienced Crawfordsville Workers Compensation Attorneys Can Help
At Klezmer Maudlin, we focus on helping injured workers. We are widely recognized for our knowledge of Indiana Workers Compensation law. In fact, we wrote the book – the Indiana Workers Compensation Law and Practice manual – which serves as a resource for attorneys throughout Indiana.
Our Workers Compensation attorneys have a combined 100 years of legal experience, and we are top-rated work injury lawyers. We do this kind of work because we care about Indiana workers. We want to seek justice for them, represent families in the community, protect workers from employers who try to take advantage of them, and use our analytical and research skills to make a difference in their lives.
Our Crawfordsville Workers Compensation attorneys won’t charge you any fees until we recover benefits for you. All fees will come out of the amount recovered. We also provide a free initial consultation and case review.
If you aren’t sure if you need an attorney, we invite you to contact us. We would be glad to answer your questions and discuss your options.
Don’t miss the chance to find out what your rights are under Indiana law. You deserve to get all the Workers Compensation benefits that the law provides. Call us at 317-569-9644 or fill out the FREE CONSULTATION form on our website for your free consultation and case review. We will usually get back to you within 24 hours at the latest. Call us today to find out more about how you can get all the benefits you need.